Day 07 – A song that reminds you of a certain event

First, I really wanted to post again a song of Eric Saade, like I did yesterday, because his music also reminds me of a fantastic event, but I now post a song, which I combine with another event.


De Höhner - Wenn nicht jetzt, wann dann

 

This song was originally a song for the Cologne carnival, but De Höhner (you can translate it with "The Chickens" - really weird, but that's Cologne) covered their own song and made a handball-version out of it. So it became the themesong of the Handball World Championships 2007, which where held in Germany. The final was held in Cologne. And in the end, Germany won the trophy! Sadly I couldn't watch the final, because I was in Los Angeles for a school project during that time.

Everytime I see pictures and videos of the Championships and especially the award ceremony, I get goosebumps. It was a well organized event and Germany won it 29 years after the last one.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen


up